Friday, October 26, 2012

The Most Pleasurable Future PADF demands

  Recent proofs of dynamic improvements in my well-being convince me that I must express the best and most truthful aspects of my analysis for the
sake of any future improvements, including the happiness of fellow hedonists and myself. First, I believe that many great minds, inc JS Mill and Jeremy Bentham,
have provided us--even the often profoundly repressed excuse for culture/civilization found via the descendants of British rule--with ample proofs of why we must
strive to cultivate lives of as much happiness as possible. There is not enough time for me to condemn both the theorists and the rest of the repressed rabble,
inc various religious thinkers/traditions, who through bizarrely hypocritical and profoundly evil tactics have convinced a significantly large number of people
that the only viable way for them--and in certain cases for the goodness of their souls--emerges via an indirect approach to pleasure. Yes, there are some, even
profoundly agnostic intellectuals, who speak unflinchingly of the paradox of hedonism etc. Well, I have news for everyone, there is no paradox. Pleasure, in copious
and healthy--meaning well-balanced but not of the excessively Wu Wei Asian frame of mind either--doses is the best way for me and I believe if more people are honest
with themselves, they would realize it is the same for them.

  [A priori] philosophical debating aside, the real and most important issue--dare I say the sine qua non Veritas of the matter--is that modern human civilization is
most properly likened to a devasting cancer. Like cancer this at most 10,000 year excuse for a bad experiment (so roughly .07% of human existence)
called sendentary and urban living (well the urban is more like 6,000 but feel free to fact check Africa In History etc for me)--farcical and seemingly innocuous
as it may seem at times, is a poor excuse for pleasurable human existence--strives to reproduce its often dreadfully painful realities at any and all
costs, including the pain of those it depends on for survival. Sure, statistics show that given certain obvious baselines of extreme poverty etc it's
better for your well-being, at least in terms of longevity, to live in say New York City versus a shanty town in Haiti; but asides from such extreme examples, if
we take the average developed country and compare urban/overpopulated areas [needs more statistics] environments in countries with higher wealth gaps (eg America)
versus more bucolic ones in more equal and happier countries, it's obvious that the happier regions win in terms of standard of living and every standard of
well-being imaginable. For lot's of reasons, inc my continued work on the Nederlands Effect Revolution, my favorite example is the Netherlands--speaking of
the often unheralded rural realm of said country, the Netherlands has consistently been the world's 3rd largest international agricultural exporter. Yes, and
that's for a country the size of a state in America. Literally France and America--France is still somewhat a surprise for me--are over 100 and 400 times
larger, in terms of land area. Yeah those Dutch are pretty amazing. 

    For the less exploratory in mind, here's the crux andor multiple (beter than Triple) bottom line of why I'm writing: I feel like I've been duped and lied to
in such a perversely orchestrated way since I was born that in this intense period of Enlightenment, I feel I must share/make sure I don't go to the grave (well
actually I want to be cremated but that's besides the point) without sharing that ideally I think our the lives of all humans who genuinely enjoy pleasure
more than pain--inc those of us who call ourselves hedonists--are best living in the equivalent of Biotecture/best of Permaculture architectural standard
communities, approximately no larger than the size of the average New England town, raising children according to Quaker standards, including especially
educationally in the way of Kees Boeke, with the best of the principles of what I call pleasurable necessity (inc Wai Wai standards of Polynesians and various
indigenous people, inc more peaceful ones such as the Ciboneys of my native Caribbean) and overall enjoying as much pleasure
as nature--including our intellects, imaginations, and bodies--allows us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment